Waves Introduces the Sibilance Plugin
Waves Audio, a leading provider of digital signal processing solutions, introduces the Waves Sibilance plugin. Powered by Waves’ innovative Organic ReSynthesis technology, this transparent vocal de-esser removes harsh vocal “s” sounds faster than ever before, with exceptional quality – allowing you to make your vocals sound brighter without harshness. Thanks to its Organic ReSynthesis engine, Sibilance allows precise identification of unwanted sibilant sounds such as “s” and “sh,” resulting in smooth, glitch-free, effective de-essing that maintains the timbre, duration and natural resonance of the original vocal sound.
Unlike most de-essers, which act like narrow-band compressors, the Waves Sibilance plugin uses Organic ReSynthesis spectral filters to identify undesirable bursts of sibilant energy, then completely separates the nuances of sibilance from the vocal signal, leaving the rest of the signal untouched.
Once applied, Sibilance’s unique method of separating sibilant parts from the raw vocal signal allows for what would otherwise be extreme processing on the vocal track, such as aggressive EQing to drastically brighten a vocal.
With simple yet powerful controls, Sibilance takes only seconds to set up: Insert it on a vocal or voiceover track, and simply set the threshold and range controls to dial in the perfect amount of “s” reduction.
Whether tracking or mixing, on vocals or voiceovers – get an ideal vocal sound fast, reliably and effortlessly.
Waves Sibilance features:
- Clever, fast, powerful de-esser specifically designed for vocals and voiceovers
- Smooth, glitch-free removal of harsh “s” sounds like never before
- Treats sibilant parts of the signal without affecting the color of the vocal track
- Easy-to-use threshold and sensitivity controls
- Innovative sibilance detector powered by Waves’ Organic ReSynthesis technology
- Sibilance detection graph to help you visualize the amount of “s” reduction
- Variable range modes: from wide to split-band processing