Zoom unveils the new H1n Handy Recorder
Zoom today unveiled the new H1n Handy Recorder, a compact and versatile audio recorder for film, music, podcasts, and more.
Designed for ultimate portability and versatility, the H1n is an essential for creators who are looking to capture professional-quality audio on-the-go. The H1n`s sleek design features a protective mic enclosure, a bright graphic LCD screen, and easty-to-access buttons and menus options. Its built-in X/Y microphone captures high-quality stereo sound in any environment; and a convenient stereo 1/8“ mini phone jack mic/line input allows creators to connect external microphones or other digital devices for even more versatility. A newly-designed onboard limiter enables distortion-free recording up to 120 dB SPL, so creators can capture concerts, band practice, or other loud settings without compromising sound quality. A low-cut filer helps eliminate pops, wind noise, and other unwanted low frequency rumble.
Advanced functions like Playback Speed Control and A-B Repeat provide greater flexibility during playback. Stereo Bounce makes it easy to overdub new sounds. and the Voice Emphasize filter are designed specifically for dictation, making it incredibly useful for interviews, lectures, or podcasting. For filmmakers using DSLRs, the H1n is equipped with all-new Test Tone and Slate Tone generators to mark audio start and stop points for syncing audio to video. Two AAA batteries provide up to 10 hours of recoding time, making the H1n a perfect companion for on-location shoots or traveling. The Zoom H1n Handy Recorder will be available in January 2018.
- Recording media: microSD/microSDHC cards (Class 4 or higher, up to 32 GB)
- Recording formats:
WAV: 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
MP3: 48 kbps, 128 kbps, 192 kbps, 256 kbps, 320 kbps
- Display: 1.25" monochrome LCD (96×64) with REC LED (red)
- Built-in mic
90° XY stereo format
120 dB SPL maximum input sound pressure
-8 dB – +39 dB input gain
- MIC/LINE IN
- Input connector: stereo mini jack
- -8 dB – +39 dB input gain
- 2 kO or higher input impedance
- plug-in power (2.5 V) supported
- Outputs: Combined line/headphone stereo mini jack
- Built-in speaker: 500 mW 8O mono speaker
- Mass storage class operation: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Audio interface operation: USB class compliant
- 44.1/48kHz sampling rate, 16-bit depth, 2-in/2-out
2 AAA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)
AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5V/1A
Estimated continuous recording time using batteries apop. 10 h
- External dimensions: 50.0 mm (W) × 137.5 mm (D) × 32.0 mm (H)
- Weight: 60 g (main unit only)
Price (MSRP) 119 Euro and availability January 2018.