Voxengo CRTIV Tape Bus 1.2 tape saturation plugin released
Voxengo is happy to release CRTIV Tape Bus version 1.2, a reel-to-reel tape saturation plug-in for professional music production applications, available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for macOS (v10.7 and later), and Windows computers.
Version 1.2 update includes the following changes:
- Added "Rec Gain" modes that imitate overload protection circuitry.
- Added "Flutter" mode that imitates a high-quality tape drive mechanism.
- Redesigned knobs and background texture.
- Added Retina support on macOS, and automatic high-resolution UI size adjustment on Windows.
- 15% lower CPU usage on AVX2-capable processors (in 64-bit mode).
We should note that now this plugin on macOS comes only in 64-bit form, on Windows it comes both as 32- and 64-bit plugin, and requires SSE4.2-capable processor (Core i-, Bulldozer- or Ryzen-based processor).
CRTIV Tape Bus plug-in for professional music production applications recreates characteristic elements of the reel-to-reel tape sound. This includes saturation, modulation noise and smearing effects which are known for the “analog” feel they bring to audio recordings. This plug-in also applies a selected impulse response taken by us from the existing tape machines. Great for mid-high frequency smoothing.
In CRTIV Tape Bus you can choose between 4 distinct tape impulses, 2 flutter noise modes, and several “overload protection” circuitry modes.
CRTIV Tape Bus features:
- Saturation controls
- Tape medium controls
- “Overload protection” modes
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- 1 ms compensated processing latency
- Resizable user interface
- Retina and HighDPI support
CRTIV Tape Bus is available for purchase for US$ 49.95. It is a free update for existing owners, and Premium Membership owners. Demo version of CRTIV Tape Bus can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo web site.